Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Remodel Update!

Saturday Darrin and I went to BYU and painted all of our kitchen cabinets. It took us all day, we did 3 coats of black, then we hand sanded each cabinet, and finally we sprayed on 2 coats of sealer. It was such a long process, but it's finally done! Monday night the cabinets were ready to be hung. It took Darrin a few hours to get them all level and back in the right order. We still have to order the crown molding. The stuff I found that I like is way out of my price range, it was $21 a foot for the upper piece and $55 dollars for a 8 foot section that I wanted to put on the bottom of the cabinet. So for now we are still looking. I did find the hardware for the cabinets and I'm hoping to hang them tonight or tomorrow? Things are finally coming back together! I can finally cook on my stove and things are a little less cluttered. My dad finished staining the wall, and now I have to finish all the touch up work and the cutting in of the ceiling and the base boards. The kitchen island is done, we are just waiting to hang the new pendant lights that I just purchased today! So were making progress......slowly, but definitely moving along!

This is a picture of the new lights and our new cabinet hardware!
This is a picture of the wall that my dad is staining in the family room!

2 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

WHAT THE HECK!! You don't dish out teases like that! I need a picture of the cabinets! I NEED IT! It sounds SO nice! I LOVE refinishing stuff myself.

I don't know if you saw my comment back to you on my blog. Yes I did make my own template. Email me at lindstromfamof5@gmail.com and I will email you the directions. SO EASY!

Anne's Vinyl and so much more said...

Hey dont know if u remember me! Its funny how u find people on here! cute family... Anne Anderson