Saturday, July 19, 2008

Should We Stay Or Should We Go?

So it's no surprise that we have been talking about moving. I really love living in Lehi, and we have great neighbors, and a great ward, but I'm just not totally in love with the house. It kind of reminds me of living in a Mcdonalds Happy Meal box on the outside. But inside is so big and roomy and it has tons of potential! So we have decided to stay for now and remodel the kitchen, dining room, and the family room. We have taken down all the cabinets, so we can paint and add new crown molding. My wonderful dad has come over and re textured all the walls for us, we have painted them but they are still waiting for all the touch up work and for the stain on our main wall {which is always the hardest part.} We have started redoing the center isle by painting and adding wainscot. We still have to order the crown molding, and then paint and install. Darrin wants to install under cabinet lighting. We are still looking for new pendant lights to go over the bar. And we are still looking for new hardware for the cabinets. We bought new doors and new wood blinds off of KSL and those are waiting to be installed. All my decorations and just about everything that once decorated those 3 rooms, is on top of my dining room table. My garage is full of dust, stain, and paint. My microwave is on my stove, which is unplugged and pulled into the middle of the kitchen. Our house right now is utter chaos! We have eaten out for the last 4 days, and it seems as though I have completely neglected to give the kids near as much attention as they need. Thanks to grammy and papa for jumping in and saving the day. They have helped so much with the work around the house, and giving the kids the attention they need! The house project doesn't seem to have an end, I'm always jumping ahead and thinking of all the tedious little things that need to be done, {not to mention all the big stuff we still have to accomplish} I'm hoping it will be done soon, so I can get back to my organized, clean remodeled house! Until then I will keep you updated on the progress and will hopefully include some pictures. Oh by the the way, still dreaming about the new stainless steel appliances! We'll see!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Good luck on the house, by the way hoe do you make your background clear