Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Madi's Braces

Monday afternoon Madi had her orthodontist appointment. They finally put her braces on. She decide that she wanted the clear braces. I think that was a great choice. They are alot less noticeable. They do still have the metal wire, and she decided that she wanted orange and black rubber bands for Halloween so of course that does make them stick out a little more, but it's fun to match your rubber band colors to the holidays! I know if I could decorate my mouth for the holidays I would be all over that! Madi said that they feel fine and they don't seem to be bothering her yet. She is excited to show them off at school, but I'm sure the newness will wear off soon and she will be counting down the days until they come off. I posted a picture of her before she got the braces on and one after. I will try and post a picture after each appointment so she can look back and see the progress she is making. Were still hoping to avoid the jaw surgery, but the orthodontist said to plan on it for now.
Before

After

3 comments:

Tammy said...

They look cute! I love how you can change the colors on the braces. How long does she have to have them on?

Steve said...

I think Maddi Looks really cute in both. this is Liz not Steve.

amy said...

I saw Madi's braces when she came over on Monday, she looks super cute. I love the festive halloween colors!