Friday, September 26, 2008

The Weekend Wrap Up

Friday Darrin actually got off work early. He had some stuff he wanted to do around the house and I still had some Halloween decorations that I needed to put up. I know it sounds a little boring but at least it got done. Saturday was going to be kind of busy so we decided to whip up a batch of fresh salsa on Friday night, because we needed it for a barbecue we were going to on Saturday night. The salsa turned out delish, we also made some homemade tortilla chips, Yummy! We ended the night by snacking on our salsa and chips and catching up on some reality tv. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you about our dramatic tooth experience. Abby's front tooth was really loose. Friday was apple day at school. I thought for sure it would have fallen out at school, but it didn't. Well after lots of convincing and crying we finally convinced her to let Darrin pull it out. It came right out. Abby cried and said that her bottom teeth didn't hurt when they came out but the top one did. She got over it quickly after so woke up the next morning and found $3 under her pillow. She said she got $3 because it was the 3rd tooth she lost! I hope the tooth fairy remembers that!

Saturday morning we were up bright and early. The kids had their Primary program practice at 9:00, and Madi had a volleyball game at 9:45. It was a close game but they lost. They have a great team, they have only lost 2 games so far this season. Madi seems to really like this sport, and I have to admit it is alot of fun to watch. After the game we rushed home so Madi and a couple of the Young Women could get together and plan the Young Women Halloween party. Darrin and I needed to go to Costco to pick up a couple of things. Costco on a Saturday, not my favorite thing but sometimes you just have to do it. When we got home it was more kitchen time for me. I made a pumpkin roll and a pumpkin pie for Sunday dinner. It was finally time to go to the barbecue. Our friends the Peterson's, the Fowlers, the Allreds, and the Hipols, all went to a park to roast hotdogs and smores. It was so much fun. We played volleyball, talked, ate, and the kids all had alot of fun on the playground. {I forgot my camera, that's why there are no fun pictures to go along with this post}

Sunday the kids had the Primary program. My parents and my brothers 2 kids came to church with us to watch. The kids did so good. They both had their parts memorized, but when Kaiden got up there he said he was so nervous he forgot, so he just read it. My parents stayed for the rest of our church and then came over for dinner. We barbecued chicken and of course had some yummy pumpkin desserts! We played a little volleyball before we started to get bit by mosquito's so we decided to call it a night! Finally kiddos in bed and we got to watch the season premiere of Desperate Housewives and the Amazing Race. It was a fun busy weekend, and were looking forward to the next!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I expect an invite to the next BBQ! You house is so cute, I love it. Pumpkin roll sounds delish, you'll have to post the recipe.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. We need pictures of your decorating and I need the recipes for your pumpkin desserts. Wow...I am demanding! :)