Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday~
This was my moms 50th birthday party so I felt it could use a post of it's own. I did want to put up the picture of my mom and dad's bedroom that we decorated! If you want to read all about the fun that night, read the post below.
Saturday~
Darrin bought season tickets for the BYU games! Saturday was the first game of the season. Darrin took Kaiden to this game with him. It was the first game of the season and they played against Northern Iowa. BYU won 47~17 While Darrin and Kaiden were at the game the girls and I decided to hit the mall. We bought the girls their new favorite toy Webkinz! And shopped around for a while until my parents called and said they were ready for dinner. Saturday was my dad's birthday, so me the girls and my parents went to dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. After the game was over Darrin and Kaiden meet us back at my moms house for cake and ice cream. Then we stayed and watched the movie 21 in my parents theater room. Just wanted to let my dad know how much we love and appreciate him, he has done so many wonderful things for us and I just want to let him know it doesn't go unnoticed! I hope you had a great Birthday dad we love you!!Kaiden at the BYU Game!!

Sunday~

On Sunday we got together with Darrin's side of the family. We went up to Hobble Creek Canyon. We had dinner, and then played some awesome games of volleyball! The kids played croquet and played in the little creek. There were also some swings that they had fun on. The weather stayed pretty decent for the most part, we were pretty lucky. After we were done playing we decided to roast smores. They were so yummy! When we were finishing up it started to rain, we quickly packed everything up and headed home for showers and some reality tv!

Darrin and Andrew making a fire for smores!

Abby and Brooke!

Cute little Derek!

Monday~

Monday morning Darrin had to work for a few hours. When he got home we wanted to go do something. The weather was cold and rainy so we decide to go and see Indiana Jones. I think everyone had that very same idea, we were lucky we got there when we did, because everything was just about sold out. The movie was ok definitely not one of my favorites. After the movie we headed over to the mall to have some Chick~Fil~A for dinner! After dinner we headed home to get the kids ready for bed, it was back to school the next day and they had had a long week so we were hoping to get them to bed early! Once the kids were finally in bed we headed downstairs to watch the season premiere of Prison Break. It started off a little slow, but quickly I was on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next, and of course leaving me hanging for next week! We had a busy but fun weekend, and we can't wait for another day off of school and work, so we can play some more!

10 comments:

Preston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Preston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Tiffany~ said...

Hey, I wasan't there I'm just going off of what Kaiden told me! Like I said I'm not a big football fan, so the details are not that important I guess. All that really matters is that Kaiden had fun, and he did!! Thats the last time I recap a football game, next time I'll leave it up to you Preston and you can be sure to get all the details just right.

~Tiffany~ said...

Oh and by the way 47~17 sounds much better!!!

Tammy said...

Hey Tiff your moms party looked fun and way cute with all the decorations! Your mom is only 12 years older than me! I just figured that out. Wow!! Hope she had a great birthday. That is funny you guys went to the movie and mall for dinner. We went for lunch, chick fila too!! Don't worry about the football stuff, we will get you to know all that stuff by going to the games with us. Ready for the blue paint? Ha Ha!!! I really think we should! It would be fun!

amy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, my girls love the webkinz too! Chick-fil-a is a must when you go to the mall! Yum yum!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yes, that was me that deleted the comment above. I have issues with typing today.

I can't believe your mom is 50! I hope I look half as good as she does at that age.

WOO HOO, I found a Prison Break buddy!

Liz said...

I just REALLY want to know when you are going to post pictures of you house. I thought that it was gorgeous before so I can not imagine what you did to change it.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh...Matt and I love Prison Break too...didn't you think they started this season out of nowhere...like....all this stuff happened all the sudden ..I don't know. I was a little overwhelmed with all the information.