Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Funky Monkey Mo~


No, Madi didn't just loose a tooth, that extremely large space between her two front teeth is the result of the spacer she had put in our mouth. It has only been about 3 weeks since she had it put in, and it has widened her mouth a ton. The orthodontist said he put in a 9mm screw and he is going to milk it for all its worth. Madi is not to excited about the gap, especially because we are getting family pictures today. She has been trying to practice smiling without showing teeth. I hope it all works out. We are excited it's working, but she just wants to get it over with, and cant wait to get her braces on, {just in time for junior high} Madi has been working on better eating habits.....she started weight watchers about 4 weeks ago and has already lost 14 pounds! At first she thought losing weight was impossible, and that it was never going to work. We just kept encouraging and did what ever we could to help, {we could all use to be a bit more healthy} Now that she can see the results and others have noticed as well it seems to be really easy for her. She is so good about counting and keeping track of her points, she has really stuck with it. I'm soooo proud of you Madi, you have proven that you can do anything you set you mind to! You have been so inspiring to all of us! I hope we can all follow your example! We love you Madi Mo! Oh, I almost forgot to mention she got a new hair cut for the summer, I think it looks really cute short!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I just thought I would leave a comment - I love your family blogs! I actually found it because I typed "Funky Monkey" into google and this was one of the first things that came up! I work with a really fun healthy snack called Funky Monkey Snacks - they are really low in calories but taste VERY good! :) I saw that your daughter is doing Weight Watchers, and these are very weight watcher friendly. If you are interested at all, I can send you samples to test out - they are available on Amazon and also at Whole Foods. Maybe if you like them you can mention them to your friends and on your blog!

If you want samples, send your address to me: mantos@sspr.com

Have a great day!