Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Only 11 More Days!


We are so excited for our upcoming trip to Disneyland! I can already smell the churros and have been dreaming about Pizza Ports chicken fusilli, and to top it all off for dessert I think I'll have a yummy Carmel apple, or a fresh slice of pineapple, and we cant forget about the frozen chocolate covered bananas, and slushy lemonade, and my kids favorite, the chocolate mickey ice cream ears! {are ya droolin yet?} Oh how I love vacations, and the fact that we get to forget about diets for the entire week, Yipee!!! After all, Disneyland wouldn't quite be the same without all the traditional park food! Anyways, I thought I would share a fun experience from our last trip to Disneyland......As we had just come off of the Haunted Mansion ride, one of the members of the "Dream Team" started talking to Kaiden and his cousin Nate. Of course I was all over that, I heard that if they ever approach you that you should be overly friendly, {just in case they might want to give something awesome} Well she just happened to be looking for 2 kids to march with the Grand Marshall's in the flag retreat ceremony/parade. Kaiden for some reason was being really shy and wanted nothing to do with it, so Madi agreed to take his place. Later that evening Madi and Nate got to hold and wave flags as they marched in the parade and as they sang the National Anthem! When the Flag Retreat ceremony was over they gave Madi and Nate Limited edition collectors pins, now these weren't just any ordinary pins, the only people who have them are the ones who get to do the Flag Retreat ceremony.They are highly coveted by all the pin collectors. They also gave them a picture holder to put a picture in and let us take their picture afterwards. It was such a fun experience. Kaiden was really mad that he didn't jump on the chance to be in the parade oh well, maybe next time!

1 comment:

amanda said...

I'm so jealous. Have fun!!