Monday, May 12, 2008

~Happy Mothers Day~

"Everything I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my Mother"
This quote is so true. Yesterday was Mothers Day, we went to my mom's house for breakfast with her side of the family. My mom had prepared the most amazing breakfast buffet. There was so much yummy food! My mom is a wonderful cook, she always tries her best to please everyone, and that's one of the qualities we love so much about her. {not to mention her yummy cooking ability!} She has taught me so much in my life, and I can only hope that one day I can be as amazing as her. Thanks for everything, I love you mom!This had to be one of my favorite Mother's day's ! My kids really put thought and effort into the gifts they got me. Madi made a cute little box with a bunch of coupons inside that were good for all sorts of free services, {I especially like the one that said "good for one day off, I will cook dinner and take care of the kids!"} I think I will be using that one real soon. She also gave me a really nice card, that she picked out, and a puzzle that I had to put together that said ~You Rock Mom~ It was all very thoughtful! Kaiden made a book at school, that was all about me. It was soo cute, he drew a picture of me, and apparently I only weigh 99 pounds and I'm about 50 inches tall? He also said that I spend my time day dreaming about Darrin, and if I could have one wish it would be free braces! He is one smart kid! Kaiden also gave me some cute little magnets he made at school, and a bag of candy and a pencil. Abby made me a really cute card, and she drew me a picture. My favorite part was the tube of squeeze candy that she bought at the store just for me, did I forget to mention she decided she would try it for me before she gave it to me just to make sure I would like it. How sweet! I hate to judge, but I think my kids are the BEST! After we ate breakfast at my moms, we decide to watch 27 Dresses in my mom's theater room. Now I know its a "Chick Flick," but it's mothers day right? Anyways Darrin said it was the best Chick flick he's seen {did I mention he slept through about 75% of the movie?} After the movie was over we went to Payson for a barbecue to celebrate with his family. It's always fun to go and catch up and see how everyone is doing. I had a great day! Happy Mother's Day everyone!

1 comment:

amanda said...

I love Mother's Day. Some people don't like it because they aren't appreciated. Brett always goes the extra mile to make me feel special so I love Mother's Day. I'm glad you had a good one.